mostrando 7 sitios
Sainte Monique, Cartago
guardado por una persona
Villa en Cartago
ie School of Architecture lo descubrió en febrero de 2010
La villa Baizeau, proyectada por Le Corbusier en 1928 en Cartago (Túnez) frente al Mediterráneo, es un ejemplo de arquitectura doméstica del siglo XX por su influencia sobre otra de las villas más importantes del arquitecto, la Villa Savoie, de 1929.
+33 1 42 88 41 53
guardado por 10 personas
ver más museos en París
Dom-Ino System Explanation
ie School of Architecture lo descubrió en diciembre de 2009
The architectonical education of Le Corbusier came from experience garnered in the offices of Auguste Perret (1908-1909) and Peter Behrens.
Perret, as the Greeks did translating the wood construction rules to stone, translated the rules to reinforced concrete, in this times he was the one with widest knowledge of how to use it. From Perret he acquired a firm understanding of reinforced concrete, and from Behrens he learned about designing for industry. He combined these two strains in the Dom-Ino system (1914), made in response to the outbreak of World War I.
Anticipating that destruction caused by the fighting would increase the demand for rebuilding when hostilities ended, Le Corbusier proposed a mass-produced housing scheme that reduced components to a minimum: floor slabs, regularity spaced piers for vertical support, and stairs to connect the floors, Inherent in the design was the possibility of factory fabrication of these parts near the construction site and rapid erection of the frame by crane.
The subdivision of the interior and precise weatherproof enclosure of the exterior would be left to the discretion of the builders so that local preferences could be observed.
Fernando Jimenez Salmeron, BA in Architecture 2008
+33 1 39 65 01 06
guardado por 4 personas
ver más museos en Poissy
Villa Savoye Explanation
Done at Poissy from 1929 to 1931, the freeness of the Dom-Ino system let Le Corbusier find and apply the 5 points in architecture that are gathered in this villa.
The supports (pilotis) are precisely calculated, spaced regularly and used to elevate the first floor off the damp ground. The interior walls are independent of the support system, can be arranged in a free plan, the curving ground floor wall is determined by the turning radius of the motor car that would convey the family here from Paris. The driveway extends under the house, between the pilotis, and continues past the main entrance to a three-car garage and the maid’s quarter. From the ground-level entrance hall the visitor has the choice of climbing the sculptural stair or ascending the ramp (which links all three levels) to the second floor. Here, the horizontal window is made possible by the support system; assuring illumination and an unobstructed view from the living room over the clearing in which the house sits to the forested hills enclosing the site. The large living room is separated by an enormous sliding glass door from the exterior patio and the ramp that continues to the upper level, the flat slab of the roof is used for domestic purposes as a terrace with sculptural windscreen walls. The façade, also independent of the structural supports, could be freely designed and the result was that all four elevations are essentially identical, consisting of a ribbon of windows and openings running the width of the facade at the second floor level.
Le Corbusier’s choice of interior finishes and fittings reflects his enthusiasm for industrial products and his admiration for the functional aspects of ocean liners. The entrance hall alone has unglazed ceramic tile flooring; simple pipe nails, painted black; a pedestal washbasin, freestanding in the hallway; and industrial light fixtures, directed upward to provide reflected light. Skylights, painted intense blue, provide softly colored light reflecting off the white wall surfaces on the second floor.
The artful incorporation of varied spatial experiences and light within a simple geometric container testifies to the mastery of form Le Corbusier had achieved by 1930.
Fernando Jimenez Salmeron, BA Architecture 2008
+91 79 2286 8172
guardado por 3 personas
ver más museos en Ahmedabad