Too bad that this vegan isn't better
I should love a vegan like this. But:
• They were slow taking our order, and serving the food. We were there early, before almost anybody else, and yet we had to call the waitress' attention to order. Then, we were served even after other people who arrived later.
• We had to ask for paper napkins. They forgot about that.
• The cheese platter wasn't great. (Although I'm not sure how good vegan cheese can be nowadays; perhaps that was in fact a "good" cheese platter).
• The other food was OK, but not remarkable.
• The place is full of radical leftist paraphernalia, in the form of paintings, stickers available to pick for free, and even in the menu entries: "smash the patriarchy", "male tears", calls to freeing "all animals in the world", and other misandric, anti-capitalist, anarchist, radical-vegan messages. I don't like to eat at a place where my mere being a man is frowned upon, or my moments of sadness are celebrated (not even in ironic ways), or that advocates the annihilation of the capitalist society we all live in (the same capitalist society which makes possible the very existence of this restaurant in the first place!). So, I'll leave the business for other types to attend, thank you.