mostrando 11 sitios
guardado por 15 personas
Too bad that this vegan isn't better
I should love a vegan like this. But:
• They were slow taking our order, and serving the food. We were there early, before almost anybody else, and yet we had to call the waitress' attention to order. Then, we were served even after other people who arrived later.
• We had to ask for paper napkins. They forgot about that.
• The cheese platter wasn't great. (Although I'm not sure how good vegan cheese can be nowadays; perhaps that was in fact a "good" cheese platter).
• The other food was OK, but not remarkable.
• The place is full of radical leftist paraphernalia, in the form of paintings, stickers available to pick for free, and even in the menu entries: "smash the patriarchy", "male tears", calls to freeing "all animals in the world", and other misandric, anti-capitalist, anarchist, radical-vegan messages. I don't like to eat at a place where my mere being a man is frowned upon, or my moments of sadness are celebrated (not even in ironic ways), or that advocates the annihilation of the capitalist society we all live in (the same capitalist society which makes possible the very existence of this restaurant in the first place!). So, I'll leave the business for other types to attend, thank you.
+34 616 11 74 58
guardado por 11 personas
+34 666 06 95 68
guardado por 3 personas
+34 910 29 13 00
guardado por 7 personas
The best: quinoa and shiitake salad, jackfruit wraps, "cheese" platter, curry potatoes.
+34 914 45 33 64
guardado por 112 personas
Nice raw vegan food
The good: tasty food, carefully prepared and nicely presented; good juices; attentive and polite service who are eager to explain ideas and dishes and to get feedback (and who patiently accommodated a toddler); a quiet an spacious venue; no hurry.
The not-so-good: a bit pricey (but you have to consider the good quality, and the time and effort necessary to prepare such dishes); a bit slow (ditto); the waiter seemed to have difficulty either understanding or remembering our order (we ordered bread which never arrived, we ordered tap water but they served mineral water, we didn't order appetisers but they served a couple); portions are a bit too small perhaps.
+34 914 20 18 32
guardado por 6 personas
+34 911 27 57 52
guardado por 17 personas
Raw vegan can be delicious
The place has been open for just two years now, and it shows (in a positive sense): the venue is spacious, quiet and clean -- including the toilets. Simplicity reigns everywhere, from the furniture to the decoration to the design of the menu.
Staff were very nice and attentive. The food was presented meticulously. It can take a while to be prepared/served, though -- don't go if you're in a hurry.
There are a few appetisers, and a few main courses. Many of them, quite surprising and original, judging by their descriptions in the menu. Everything we ate was quite tasty. Surprising for us to have cold skewers and cold "lasagna". Not all dishes are raw vegan (half of them are just "regular vegan"). On the negative side, the menu is quite short (I guess when you are so limited, it's difficult to develop a whole varied menu...).
We were full after two half appetisers and two main dishes, and a couple drinks (see photo); so, no room for desserts :( Pity, because they sounded like fun, too.
Positively surprising, in whole.
+34 910 70 49 69
guardado por 16 personas
An OK vegan
The room is not very spacious; it got a bit too noisy around the time all patrons were seated.
The menu is quite limited.
The appetisers were three rather tasteless sauces (guacamole, aubergine, etc); although my friends seemed to like them better.
Portions are mid-size, perhaps too small.
The best: oven-baked potatoes. Simple but tasty, and served in a generous portion.
+34 913 66 33 49
guardado por 16 personas
By the gram
I visited a few years ago, when it was called "Viva la Vida (or was it "La Vida Loca"?). We had lunch. We composed our dishes from a buffet, and had them weighted. It was OK.