mostrando 11 sitios
guardado por 15 personas
Too bad that this vegan isn't better
I should love a vegan like this. But:
• They were slow taking our order, and serving the food. We were there early, before almost anybody else, and yet we had to call the waitress' attention to order. Then, we were served even after other people who arrived later.
• We had to ask for paper napkins. They forgot about that.
• The cheese platter wasn't great. (Although I'm not sure how good vegan cheese can be nowadays; perhaps that was in fact a "good" cheese platter).
• The other food was OK, but not remarkable.
• The place is full of radical leftist paraphernalia, in the form of paintings, stickers available to pick for free, and even in the menu entries: "smash the patriarchy", "male tears", calls to freeing "all animals in the world", and other misandric, anti-capitalist, anarchist, radical-vegan messages. I don't like to eat at a place where my mere being a man is frowned upon, or my moments of sadness are celebrated (not even in ironic ways), or that advocates the annihilation of the capitalist society we all live in (the same capitalist society which makes possible the very existence of this restaurant in the first place!). So, I'll leave the business for other types to attend, thank you.
+34 913 65 89 82
guardado por 79 personas
Unpretentious, effective vegetarian
With a good variety of dishes, generous portions, and very nice staff.
We were seven people, and we ordered as many dishes (everything to share). Plus a couple rounds of drinks, and three desserts to share. Total: € 21 per person.
+34 913 08 03 81
guardado por 120 personas
Unpretentious (false) vegetarian
Acceptable pseudo-vegetarian in Chueca.
The menu includes a handful of free-range chicken dishes (!?).
The venue is sober, almost sad (cheap furniture, barely any decoration).
The food was okay: nothing special, but good enough.
Frugal lunch for two (three dishes to share, bread and mineral water): ~€30.
+34 666 06 95 68
guardado por 3 personas
+34 910 29 13 00
guardado por 7 personas
The best: quinoa and shiitake salad, jackfruit wraps, "cheese" platter, curry potatoes.
+34 914 45 33 64
guardado por 112 personas
Nice raw vegan food
The good: tasty food, carefully prepared and nicely presented; good juices; attentive and polite service who are eager to explain ideas and dishes and to get feedback (and who patiently accommodated a toddler); a quiet an spacious venue; no hurry.
The not-so-good: a bit pricey (but you have to consider the good quality, and the time and effort necessary to prepare such dishes); a bit slow (ditto); the waiter seemed to have difficulty either understanding or remembering our order (we ordered bread which never arrived, we ordered tap water but they served mineral water, we didn't order appetisers but they served a couple); portions are a bit too small perhaps.
+34 914 20 18 32
guardado por 6 personas
+34 910 70 49 69
guardado por 16 personas
An OK vegan
The room is not very spacious; it got a bit too noisy around the time all patrons were seated.
The menu is quite limited.
The appetisers were three rather tasteless sauces (guacamole, aubergine, etc); although my friends seemed to like them better.
Portions are mid-size, perhaps too small.
The best: oven-baked potatoes. Simple but tasty, and served in a generous portion.
+34 913 66 33 49
guardado por 16 personas
By the gram
I visited a few years ago, when it was called "Viva la Vida (or was it "La Vida Loca"?). We had lunch. We composed our dishes from a buffet, and had them weighted. It was OK.